Terms & Conditions of Simotas Car Rental Kefalonia
Renter Qualifications and terms, in order to rent a car:
In order to rent a car, the renter must meet the terms below:
- Be at least 23 years old, having a present driving license which was published at least one year ago, referring to categories A, B. For the categories C, D, E, S1, S2, F1, F2, R, G1, G2, K1, K2, H, Z and V, the renter must be older than 25 years of old and his driving license should be published at least 3 years ago.
- Have a Greek, European (for the countries of European Union) or International (for the countries that are not in European Union) drivers license.
In every car rental, only the driver is insured. If other drivers are going to drive the rented car, they must be present at the start of the car rental and carry their driving licenses. The service of extra driver is provided free of charge from Simotas Car Rental Kefalonia.
The renter upon receipt of the vehicle must have with him:
- the applicable statutory license.
- His credit card (in the case that the renter doesn't have a credit card, he can still rent a vehicle from categories A, B or C if they accept to advance the estimated value of rental and the amount of free cash which is returned at the end of the rental after checking the car).
- The amount of gasoline in the vehicle when returned must be the same as when delivered.
- By collecting the vehicle is given to the renter the lease contract which will have to check and sign. The Lease Agreement will show all services / insurances provided as well as any extra services / insurance the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks the vehicle and reports any damage that already exists so he avoids damage costs from previous rent.
All our vehicles are insured:
- To third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 500.000,00 € per victim.
- For property damage to third parties (excluding vehicle) to 100.000,00 €
- For fire.
Any damage or theft caused by fault / negligence, violation of traffic laws, alcohol use and drugs use led to inappropriate roads, the renter is responsible up to the total market value of the vehicle at the time of the accident or theft.
Partial Damage Waiver (C.D.W.)
If damage occurs to the vehicle, the renter is covered for the cost of repair. However you have to pay the amount of liability for damage, which is up 600 € for car groups A, B, C, and up to 900 € for car groups D, E if renter's fault. Provided that the damage is not due to violation of the Highway Code (for example, red light violation or STOP sign, illegal overtaking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc.). Finally, the liability amounts above, are not including VAT.
C.D.W does not cover:
- Intented damage or damage by negligence.
- Damage caused by using wrong fuel.
- Losses arising from breach of the terms of the contract.
- Damage caused to the bottom, the roof, the antenna, and also the mirrors and car tires.
- During the vehicle is in a boat/ferry, is not covered either.
Most noteworthy, the cost of CDW is Included in the price.
Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W)
If the renter wishes to waive the above amounts 600,00 €, and 900.00 € respectively, will have to pay additional daily charge of 10,00 € for classes AB, C, the amount of 20,00 € for categories D, E.
*These insurances do not cover damage caused by breaches of the Highway Code and damage caused to tires, mirrors, at the bottom of the body and inside.
Theft Protection (T.P.)
The renter is exempt from liability for the theft of the car if accept the relevant terms of the contract by signing it. We include all costs in the price.
- Infringements management costs.
The renter is responsible for paying fines that may arise from violations of traffic regulations during the rental car.
- Loss or destruction of key. Consequently, in case of loss or destruction of the key during the rental, the renter must pay respectively the following amounts:
100,00 € for groups A, B, C
200,00 € for categories D, E, S1, S2, F1, F2, R, G1, G2, K1, K2, H, Z, V
- car interior
If the vehicle is returned with stains that require special cleaning (eg in seats or on the floor, trunk, etc.), the renter has to pay the total amount of 80,00 €.
If you would like to keep the rented vehicle longer than the period agreed, you should contact us. And so, we will note the extension of the car rental on the Rental Contract.
*Taxes: All rates include 24% V.A.T. ,and the local taxes.